Enter the world of cycle training by attending one of our courses and earning your qualification as a Bikeability instructor.
You’ll be able to work part-time and be paid to instruct children in schools, give families the confidence to cycle or teach adults how to ride a bike for the first time.
We run courses throughout the year at various locations in the south of England.
Our next courses:
Reading: 2, 4, 5, 8 and 10th August
Oxford: 23, 24, 25, 30 and 31st August
You could be eligible for a bursary.
Register your interest or find out more by emailing us: email@example.com
Lots of Bikeability instructors fit their work around family life or studying. If you have a passion for cycling and want to inspire the next generation then this could be just the thing for you.
This is the nationally accredited 1st4Sport course which trains you to deliver Bikeability throughout the UK.
1. Five days of intensive instruction in the classroom and out on the road. Bikeability – the three Levels and how to deliver them; risk management; teaching practice; the National Standards in cycling; and best practice positioning.
2. You will be able to instruct both adults and children, though the main area of instructing is 10- 12-year-olds as the government funds Bikeability for school children.
3. Online learning both before, during and after the course.
4. Support from the tutor.
5. Registration with 1st4Sport.
Once you’ve completed the course and had an assessment, you can start instructing.
You can work for any Bikeability provider, including Avanti Cycling.
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org
Bikeability work is paid and there are other opportunities to use your skills in adult training, training for families and delivering led rides.
Greg Woodford, director of Avanti Cycling, has been working within the National Standards ambit from the beginning. He was part of the working group that created the standards.
Other courses we offer:
Ride Leading training
As one of the leading experts in ride leading (on road) in the UK, Greg Woodford has created a variety of on-road ride leading courses and delivered them throughout the UK. Avanti Cycling has also worked in partnership with national organisations to develop courses that suit their requirements.
Courses that can be delivered:
- Club Leader course. A one-day course aimed at cycling/triathlon clubs to develop best practice in leading club runs.
- Ride Leader course, aimed at the customer who wishes to lead leisure rides. This suite of courses can last from one to three days, depending on the outcomes you wish to achieve.
- Bespoke ride leader course. Avanti Cycling has experience in creating courses to fit in with your outcomes – come and talk to us.
- You don’t want a full course? We can come and deliver a workshop to your club about best practice in ride leading. These presentations are designed to encourage new leaders to come through. This workshop will work out substantially more economical as we do not need to keep to tight ratios as we are not assessing the outcomes of the participants.